Yogurt makerYou are here: yoghurt recipe > Yogurt maker
What is a Yogurt maker
A Yogurt maker is a device that allows you to easily make your own homemade yoghurt.
The yogurt maker greatly facilitates the production of homemade yogurt by controlling the temperature of the yogurt during the manufacturing process.
There are different types of Yogurt maker on the market, their characteristics and prices are of course different and your choice will depend on your needs:
- Some Yogurt maker produce a large pot of family yogurt, while others produce several individual portions in small jars of yogurt
- The volume of yogurt produced depends on your yogurt: usually 1 or 2 liters of yogurt, or 6-8 ports of yogurt are made by manufacturing
- Yogurt maker have glass containers (generally for yoghurts with individual pots, others have plastic containers)
- Heat transfer methods (to maintain a constant temperature) differ depending on the yogurt selected
- Some Yogurt maker have an automatic shutdown when the yoghurt manufacturing process is complete, and others offer an audible warning
- Make sure the yogurt parts go to the dishwasher if necessary (they are usually)
- If you buy a Yogurt maker with small individual glass jars, spare parts are usually provided in case of breakage
- Most Yogurt maker (but not all) comes with a homemade yogurt recipe book
- Yogurt maker warranties differ from model to model
the electricity consumption of a Yogurt maker is low (10-13 watts), the electrical cost is therefore negligible because it corresponds to a very small light bulb low consumption.
All Yogurt maker maintain a constant temperature between 41 and 47 degrees centigrade (105 and 115 degrees Fahrenheit) to ensure a quality yoghurt production.