Lemon yoghurtYou are here: yogurt recipe > Yogurt recipe > Lemon yogurt
Recipe for lemon yogurt
To make your homemade yogurt flavored with lemon here is the recipe to follow for 1 liter of milk.
Ingredients for lemon yogurt
- 1 liter of milk
- 1 yogurt (which will serve as a basis for the preparation of your lemon yogurt)
- 1 untreated lemon or other lemon flavour
Preparation of yogurt with lemon
- Recall the lemon in zest (use a zester to make your work easier)
- Make the milk warm to infuse the lemon zest (If you have opted for lemon aroma it is time to add it to the preparation (2 drops)).
- You can keep the lemon zest in your yoghurt or remove it as you prefer (in which case the zest should be removed after infusion).
- cool the milk infused with lemon zest and add the natural yogurt (you can sweeten your preparation at this stage if you want to make sweet lemon yogurt).
- Fill your jars and place them in yoghurt for 9 hours
How to get the lemon taste of yoghurt to lemon?
The aroma of lemon that will give its acidulated taste to your homemade yogurt can be obtained in these different ways:
- lemon juice (preferably organic and fresh)
- lemon fragrance (2 tbsp) with, for example, a lemon flavor "Vahin" (mixture of sunflower oil and lemon petrol)
- pure lemon essence (1 to 2 drops) or lemon essential oil (avoid alcoholic flavors)
- lemon zest: infuse the lemon zest into the milk and then filter or grate the zest in the yoghurt preparation
Tip for a successful lemon yogurt recipe
If you want to make a homemade yogurt flavored with lemon and sweet (the top what), I invite you to add sugar directly in the preparation and add the lemon flavor just before the pot.
The use of lactic ferments instead of a natural yogurt from the beginning allows you to have firmer yogurts for your yogurt preparations and allows you to keep your base up to 15 preparations against 4 to 5 for a natural yogurt.
Good tasting of your homemade lemon yogurt!